Next, we begin by developing a budget based on the client’s goals and financial tolerability. Start-up capital is typically comprised of cash and financing activities, with the client intending to recuperate capital contributions through operating activities in the first couple of years. We will also assist the client by setting up the appropriate business structure and further investigating the regulations and relevant state codes to ensure programmatic compliance.
Additionally, our team:
- Conducts an analysis of various payers (commercial insurance, Medicaid, cash).
- Researches value-based reimbursement opportunities.
- Identifies funding sources (state, federal, foundations). Ascension RS has written and received state and federal grants for programs we develop in excess of $20,000,000 over the past 3 years.
- Develops a list of in-network vs. out-of-network benefits.
- Looks at insurance reimbursement rates.
- Develops an analysis of the target number of patients to be seen monthly in the program to meet the financial goals.
Further, our team charts out expenses such as:
- Staffing model and salaries
- Operational expenses
- General and administrative expenses
- Property/facility remodel needs, if any, and related costs